Don Kanare – The #2 RE/MAX Agent in the entire State of Nevada in 2013
Incline Village Real Estate Agents in Buyer Representation.
Ask Don To Help You Find The Best Investment Opportunities!
When buying a property you want to get the most value for your money. My buyers routinely purchase homes and condos for tens of thousands of dollars below the asking price due to my negotiating skills and ability to discern the motivation of each seller. Here are just a couple of examples of some transactions where I represented the buyer:
Property Address List Price Sold Price
721 Bunker Ct. $1,250,000 $1,110,720
612 – 14th Green $1,575,000 $1,370,000
569 Jackpine Ln $950,000 $670,000
718 Tyner Way $785,000 $612,000
On a regular basis I have access to sellers and properties that are not on the MLS. Contact me and tell me what you are looking for and I’ll help you find the vacation home or primary residence that you are seeking at Lake Tahoe.
WHY DOES A BUYER NEED THEIR OWN REAL ESTATE AGENT IN NEVADA AND
WHAT CAN AN AGENT DO TO ASSIST YOU WITH PURCHASING REAL ESTATE?
Buying property is the biggest and most important financial transaction that most people experience in their lifetime. Once you decide to buy a property, choosing the right real estate company and agent to represent you during the transaction is the most important decision you will make.
The action plan that your agent creates will help you find the most suitable property in the shortest amount of time, whether you are looking for a condo, house or a freestanding condo. Here are some of the things that I will do on your behalf that will make your property search easier and more enjoyable.
* Complete the ideal property survey sheet and set up your personal parameters in the MLS so that as new listings come on the market you will get automatic notification via e-mail after I screen the listings for suitability. You won’t get bombarded with every new listing like some agents do to you, just the ones that come closest to meeting your requirements.
* Complete a financial information questionnaire to help you determine the best financing.
* Search the MLS and other sources available to me in order to prepare a list of potential properties for your consideration.
* Search expired and withdrawn listings for possible properties for you to evaluate.
* Contact property owners whose properties are not currently for sale to determine if they would be interested in selling their property to you.
* Contact other agents at Lake Tahoe in an effort to find you the ideal property in other communities not served by the Incline Village / Crystal Bay MLS.
* Prepare customized documents and provide them to you in advance of making an offer. This gives you the opportunity to familiarize yourself with the local real estate documents and local customs before you get involved in a real estate transaction.
* Research and prepare a comprehensive market analysis of properties that have sold in the past 12 months that are similar in price, age and square footage to the properties you may consider.
* Prepare a Purchase Agreement and all of the required supporting documents and disclosures.
* Present the Purchase Agreement to the listing agent and seller (if possible), and negotiate on behalf of the buyer the best possible terms and conditions.
* Assist the Buyer with every step of the purchase process including ordering inspections, coordinating details with the title company and lenders, regularly checking the escrow timeline and keeping the Buyer informed of every issue.
* Handling all details through the close of escrow to ensure a smooth transaction. Since the vast majority of buyers in our market do not live here full time, my superior level of customer service and attention to detail is your assurance that the deal will close on time and without surprises.
* Protect you from surprises down the road. Read this great article on what you as a buyer need to know about the potential weaknesses of any property you are considering.
In Nevada, the listing agent is obligated under state law to represent the best interests of the seller. Many buyers think that if they contact the listing agent directly that they will be able to cut a better deal, get the commission reduced, or work some other terms to their benefit.
Nothing could be further from the truth.
The listing agent has a duty to work for the seller, not the buyer, and legally the listing agent is prohibited from doing anything that could be construed to be in the best interests of the buyer. If you are buying real estate in Nevada, the seller’s agent cannot truly help you, they must always act on behalf of the seller.
So, what’s a buyer to do? As a buyer, you can now have an agent specifically committed to representing you, from the initial selection of properties, to the contract negotiations, to the settlement table. Whether you’re a first time buyer or an experienced buyer, it is good to know that your real estate agent has your best interests in mind as you select a property. And there is so much local information specific to Incline Village, that having a full time agent who lives here n the village will make the purchase process much easier.
As your agent I will perform a thorough property search, research and evaluate market data to help establish a reasonable purchase price, prepare the purchase offer and supporting documents, negotiate the best possible terms and handle all of the details during the escrow process.
Sellers list their properties with real estate agents to ensure professional representation throughout the property selling process. As a buyer, you deserve the same kind of service!
For help with all your real estate questions call Don Kanare at 775-828-3380 775-745-5820 or 775-745-5820 775-745-5820 or send an e-mail.